Monday, November 25, 2013

Week 10

This week’s reading and assignments have definitely opened my mind to reflection. From time management between work and family, to attitude about money, to what I need to really focus on to be successful.
In the talk given by President Thomas S. Monson Formula for Success, he gives three steps for success. He says “First, fill your mind with truth; second, fill your life with service; and third, fill your heart with love.”
I agree with his statement but the one that had me thinking the most is filling my life with service. Over the years I have been involved in many a service project for either school or for church. I remember for some reason I always had something else I could do that would be more fun or entertaining. I also remember the job I would get from helping others and I know that my time was better spent serving others.
Time… we have so little of it and there is always so much to do I find. I am very dedicated to my job. I do the best that I can in the time that I have, but sometimes I have to spend more time in the office to get things done, and the same goes for my husband. We are currently excepting our first child (any time now) so I have to think how we can put our family first. Children grow up so fast and both my husband and I don’t want to miss out on it because of work. Of course working pays the bills but on the flip side family needs to come first.

Last reflection from this week’s assignment is money will not buy us happiness. Sure it would help and it would be nice not having to live paycheck to paycheck. However, it has always been my experience that more money does not mean an easier life. We have to be happy with what we have or we won’t be happy when we have more…

No comments:

Post a Comment