This week we were assigned to read a talk by Elder Jeffrey Holland,
An High Priest of Good Things to Come.
Elder Holland said, “Some blessings come soon, some come
late, and some don’t come until heaven; but for those who embrace the gospel of
Jesus Christ, they come.”
This week has been tough on me. I want to be done with my
degree but there is so much left to do still. Right now I have this great
opportunity to be a stay-at-home mom and still have help from my family to pay
for school. It must be the pregnancy hormones or something but I got this overwhelming
depressed feeling that school will never end. I know this isn’t true but that
is how I was feeling at the time when I read Elder Holland’s talk.
I took much comfort from this quote. “Every one of us has
times when we need to know things will get better. Moroni spoke of it in the Book of Mormon as “hope for a
better world.” For emotional health and spiritual stamina, everyone
needs to be able to look forward to some respite, to something pleasant and
renewing and hopeful, whether that blessing be near at hand or still some
distance ahead. It is enough just to know we can get there, that however
measured or far away, there is the promise of “good things to come.”
School is a challenge for me. I have to work hard because it
doesn’t come naturally. My husband is a genius when it comes to writing papers.
For me on the other hand I get stuck writing introductions to my essays for
hours at a time! I have faith that I can overcome my challenges and that there
is a light at the end of the tunnel. Eventually my son will be born and I will graduate
with my degree. Till then I have to wait and work hard.
No comments:
Post a Comment