Friday, November 1, 2013

Week 6


Asking questions… When you learn something new or try something new we are taught from a young age to ask questions. It is a simple thing, but it is something I struggle with. I often try to figure things out on my own instead of taking the time to ask a question. This is probably something I should work on if I want to start my own business. In one of the videos assigned this week, Carly Fiorina talks about three things you need for leadership. Capability, Collaboration and Character. http://ecorner.stanford.edu/authorMaterialInfo.html?mid=1719
She goes on to talk about learning. She says to always keep learning and trying new things that it will keep you vibrant.
Another talk that assigned to be read this week was a talk given by President Gordon B. Hinckley Stand True and Faithful.
What I most enjoyed about his talk that he tells women to continue learning. Often times in the church I see women give up on their education to start families. Don’t get me wrong having a family is very important. One of my top of my priorities even. However, just like Carly Fiorina said we have to continue learning to be effective leaders. I want my children to be able to come to me to learn new things. To make this possible I have to constantly adapt and learn new things. Just like I would in my (hopefully) future business.

No comments:

Post a Comment