Christmas time is one my most beloved holidays. I love the
decorations, the food the spirit of giving. I can list a whole bunch of things
but one thing that I hadn’t thought about that unfortunately goes in had with
these holidays is debt. President Monson’s talk Constant Truths for Changing Times really hit home for me. I see it
all around me when people spend money they don’t have to try to make this
holiday season more memorable. Putting it on a credit card… we need to live
within our means. Which can be hard at times, but like the Grinch said “What if
Christmas, he thought, doesn't come from a store. What if
Christmas...perhaps...means a little bit more!”
I am expecting my first baby right before Christmas on the
21st. It has been a crazy shopping spree trying to get ready. Like
most moms I want to be fully prepared and to be able to give my baby everything
he needs. Have I gotten a carried away? Yes, yes I have. I have had to make a couple of returns
recently because some of the items I purchased are not really needed. I have
spent more than my allotted budget that my husband and I came up with.
Budgeting is what has helped us live within our means. Now that I am not
working it is more important that I stick to this budget.
How does this tie into business? Well you have to manage the
money coming in and out don’t you. Well being involved in your finances is what
will make or break a business.
No comments:
Post a Comment