Thursday, October 17, 2013

Perseverance

I like to think of myself as a determined person. I work hard and I know I can do certain things really well. There is one thing that I fail consistently with; I have this bad habit of quitting things when it gets too hard.
I took a military fitness class just to say that I could. It was at 6:00 am that was three times a week in the middle of winter. I remember after the first week I was ready to be done with the class. I kept thinking to myself when my alarm went off, if I don’t get up will regret it later. Like reading my scriptures I felt good about myself when I would got to crazy workout of a class. I felt like a better person for sticking it out and I even got most improved at the end of the semester.
This was one of the first things that was really difficult for me that I saw through to the end.  
The underlying theme that I read about in this weeks reading was perseverance. I find it interesting how something like sticking it through to the end could relate to the business world and to personal everyday life.

The most successful people I know worked hard and kept working hard even when they didn’t have to work as hard anymore. I don’t believe it was easy for them or that they succeed on their first couple of tries. However, that is what set them apart as being successful… is that they persevered.

No comments:

Post a Comment